9 Simple Steps For Creating Free Word Press Website With Google Analytics
Are you looking for FREE WordPress website hosting and FREE website development? Have you not used any web creation tools before? Have Challenges in integrating with Google Analytics ? Are you wondering from where to start?
Check these 9 steps to create your FREE WordPress website & enable FREE WordPress hosting in few minutes! , also get support for integrating with Google Analytics (GA) for FREE.
We provide step by step procedure with screen captures right from creating your free hosting account, choosing the right professional look and feel and having your website ready with just a matter of few clicks, without dealing with any technical information of any sort.
We make two choices before we start with the steps.
- 000webhost.com as our host – it is a free hosting and domain provider with unlimited validity on free accounts, 2 Databases, 1 GB space, 10GB bandwidth.
- WordPress – it is a web creation tool with thousands of professional themes to make ready to use website in no time.
Step #1: Sign up on www.000webhost.com and create your webhosting account
The sign up screen is very simple and requires minimum information. Enter the email/password/website name and click on “Get Free Hosting” button.
Step #2: Email Verification
Now that you have successfully logged in, you are redirected to your account homepage and status is set to “Awaiting Email Confirmation” as in the screen capture below.
To proceed further, you will have to complete verification by clicking on the verification link “Click here to verify your email” sent by 000webhost to your registered email. Once you have completed the verification, you will be redirected to login, please re-login as earlier.
Now in the homepage, you can see the status is changed to “Running”, which indicates the successful completion of verification
Step #3: WordPress Installation
Click on the Manage Website link, which redirects you to a page with 3 options: Build Website Easily, Build WordPress Website, or Upload Own Website. Please choose Build WordPress Website.
You will be prompted to verify install. Select Install and proceed. This begins the installation of WordPress and a progress bar tracks the completion. The process is very fast and will take 2-3 minutes.
Step #4: WordPress Configuration
Once the installation is complete, you will be prompted to begin configuration. Click on “Go to WordPress Configuration page“
Once you choose to go to WordPress Configuration Page, you will be prompted to select the language. English (United States) is selected by default. Click Continue. At this stage, you will be able to see the WordPress Welcome Page and will be asked for more details. Enter the details as illustrated in the example and click on Install WordPress.
Step #5: WordPress Dashboard
This completes the WordPress installation and you will be redirected to Dashboard. Dashboard is also the “WordPress Admin” page which gives you the full control over entire functionalities and appearance of your website. It has various options to configure Posts, Add/Remove Pages, Upload Media, Customize Appearance, Add Plug-in, and various tools and configurable settings. You can go into detail as you build the website using each of these options.
Step #6: Selecting Theme
WordPress provides a complete set of tools and plug-ins for any novice user to build a website easily with professional standards. One of the options provided by WordPress is Themes. Themes dictate how your website looks like. They are just templates for your website. There are plenty of themes suited to different kinds of business users such as blogs, templates for services, products, e-commerce etc.
Themes are customizable. You can edit each component of a theme as per your requirements without having to deal with even a single line of code. Most of the themes are free for use, which means all the basic customizations are provided to you for free. However, for plenty of customizable options (such as unlimited tabs, menus etc.) you will have to download a license.
The first thing to do after installation of your website is to go through the list of available templates and choose the one that fits your businesses. Below I have made a simple illustration of selecting and adding a theme. The steps remain same for adding any other theme of your choice.
To select a theme for your website, Select Appearance in the Dashboard page and select sub-menu Themes.
Step #7: Add Theme
There are about 3-4 themes already installed. However, there are plenty of themes which can be added and used. Hence, select “Add new” to choose the theme for your website.
In our example, I searched for a theme “Argent.” In the search box, the theme appears. Click on Install to install the theme. Click on Activate to activate the theme for your website.
Step #8: Customizing the Theme
Once the theme is activated, the next and most important task will be to customize it for your needs. Click on Customize as in the image below to begin with customization.
This takes you to the customization page, with plenty of options as shown below
Most of the themes have their own set of configuration options, which vary by theme selected. Hence, each of the themes provides their set of end-to end documentation which can be used post activation on WordPress.
If you have selected the theme “Argent,” as per the example, you can refer to the below URL for documentation, which starts from how to begin first step of customization and move there on to add content to your website.
Also, there is a support link which can be used to get in detail support, as well get answers to your queries as a first time user.
Step #9: Integrate with Google Analytics
On finishing step 8 by adding content to your website, It’s time to get your website optimized for SEO.
- Generate Google Analytics (GA) Tracking ID for your website
- Go to https://analytics.google.com
- Login using your gmail account
- Click on the Admin (settings)
- Click on “Create New Property” option
- Add your website name, Website URL and click on “Get Tracking ID”
- Your tracking ID will look something like – UA-xxxxxxxx-x
- Add Google Analytics (GA) Tracking ID to every webpage using Plug-Ins
- It’s quite cumbersome to manually edit every web page and add the GA tracking id, the easiest approach would be to install “Google Analytics” plugin
- Go to WordPress admin page of your website , Click on “Add New” under Plugins section
Search & Install – “Google Analytics” FREE plug-in by “Share This”
On installing the Plug-In , Click on plug-in “Settings” option to see the below page
- Click on “Authenticate with Google” option , which shall prompt you to enter the Access code
- Verify using your google analytics account
- A unique code is popped up , which needs to be added in the requested section
- Page shall automatically prompt with Google Tracking Code , which you need to select and save the form
- Perform On-Page SEO & Submit your website to Google using Yoast SEO plug-in
- It’s imperative to have SEO tags appropriately defined (Title, Meta Description, H1 tag, Image alt tags etc..) for every webpage
- It’s a tedious task to manually edit every web page and add SEO tags, hence the easiest option is to install Yoast SEO plug-in, which is one of the powerful SEO plug-ins
- Go to WordPress admin page of your website , Click on “Add New” under Plugins section
- Search & Install – “Yoast SEO” FREE plug-in
- Go to “General” section of Yoast SEO and click on “Open the configuration wizard” button and follow the steps given by the wizard
- Yoast SEO gives option to register with Google & Bing webmaster to get your website indexed
Congratulations on creating your first website! Now that your website is done, you are just a few steps away from making it successful.
Though these steps help you to get a website built in a very short time, it is equally important to make it user-friendly and reachable to vast number of users. To achieve this, you need to optimize the website so that your site is reachable by search engines to your target market. To know the quality of your website and the content, I recommend you to get a free website checkup done and know your score by visiting our website at www.hitbyseo.com.
Run Into a Problem? Need Help?
Our staff at https://growthfalcons.com is ready to help you at any stage of the process, from developing your own website, to getting you discovered by your customers, and driving conversions. To connect with us, please visit https://growthfalcons.com today!
We strongly believe that this blog shall also help lot of students who have taken Digital marketing courses like Simplilearn (DMCA, DMCA Project) , Digital Vidya (CDMM Project), Digital Deepak, and are supposed to execute project by end of the course .
If you’ve enjoyed my post, please be so kind as to make a comment or share it.
Vidya Nayak, CTO
Vidya is the co-founder & CTO of hitbyseo.com, she has an engineering degree and is a Sun Certified Java Professional, with over 10 years of extensive industry experience in Product Development, Website Development & Quality Assurance in the IT industry. She has worked with MNCs like IBM & Abof (Aditya Birla Online Fashion). She has expertise in technologies like Java 5.x, HTML/CSS and Dojo, and platforms like MDM (IBM), Opencart, Woo-Commerce, Joomla & WordPress.
Awarded with high honors for being the top student in the Entrepreneurship program conducted by Upgrad (founded by Ronnie Screwala) in 2016.